I give up. no dx for me.
Hylander
2003-08-06 15:28:00 UTC
I just dont think its possible yet. The only way is to get it through
a socialized healthcare system or go back to being a toddler again. I
feel some people are lucky. All I want is a #$#@$%# dx. I don't even
want their care.

There is no consolation for me right now so I don't think a reply will
matter/could make me feel worse. I don't know what to do except maybe
book...I refuse to squeeze into your mold. Perhaps I'll become the
laughing stock of the world someday. I surely deserve that.

John
larry
2003-08-06 17:50:42 UTC
Never mind you can still be ordained as a minister on the internet even if
you can't get an autism cirtificate :)

--
Larry

"We are all of one mind, one equal mind, and if each of us persists in being
the centre of our own existence we are all doomed to suffer at each others
hands. I cannot exist on my own without you, neither can you be without me,
what is the world wide web about after all?. We are interdependent whether
we are aware of the fact or not"
John
Hylander
2003-08-07 04:18:03 UTC
Post by larry
Never mind you can still be ordained as a minister on the internet even if
you can't get an autism cirtificate :)
Hmm. maybe I'll join the Episcopaleans. (do they offer dual
laymanship?) I don't want a certificate as much as a true dx and
explanation...even if I have to swallow the hard truth that I'm a
manipulative histrionic little NT with something else.

John
Vicky
2003-08-07 05:49:10 UTC
Post by Hylander
Post by larry
Never mind you can still be ordained as a minister on the internet even if
you can't get an autism cirtificate :)
Hmm. maybe I'll join the Episcopaleans. (do they offer dual
laymanship?) I don't want a certificate as much as a true dx and
explanation...even if I have to swallow the hard truth that I'm a
manipulative histrionic little NT with something else.
John
Ok John,,, Do I get to pick you up and Shake You so you will
understand???? :)

A. You will never get much of anything out of a GP becsue they know
nothing about Aspergers syndrome,,,, It is not their specialty... So
don't even expect a shred of acknowlegement from them,,,

B. You best bet is to try and contact either a parents group that has
kids dxed with aspergers or autism in your area to find out who dxes the
kids.... then from there you may be able to find out which one of these
Drs may on the off chance see a adult...

C. your best bet,,, it will be a "Psychologist who dxes"

D.. Forget "Psychiatrist's becsue AS is not their specialty either..

Now I am going to go look at this web site for you..
http://www.udel.edu/bkirby/asperger/

Ok heres a source on the page..

Gutstein, Sheely & Associates, P.C. Houston, Texas
Dr. Rachelle Sheeley also publishes the AS/HFA newsletter Connections,
for information about this publication Click Here. She is also actively
interested in helping to set up local support groups throughout Texas.
Contact them at: 4120 Bellaire Blvd,Houston Texas 77025 Phone:
713-838-1362 e-mail to: ***@connectionscenter.com , or visit their
web page www.connectionscenter.com

Hope this Helps...
Many Big Hugs :)

Vicky
Hylander
2003-08-09 17:36:37 UTC
Post by Vicky
Post by Hylander
Post by larry
[...]
I have an appointment with Melanie in September....if I can be here
that long...my job is slipping out from between my fingers.

John
Vicky

John
Mschlnbrg
2003-08-07 05:26:48 UTC
Post by Hylander
I just dont think its possible yet. The only way is to get it through
a socialized healthcare system or go back to being a toddler again. I
want their care.
Piggy backing here

Guess I'm the only one here who doesn't quite catch it

From your earlier posts had thought finances a sginificant issue, but then
thought in another recent you mentioned you didn't need to to be making the
"oodles" you do and could live on less with some rearrangement.

Am I confusing posters? Or is that the situation

I do not make "oodles," more than many but less than think I "should" for
education level, not specifically complaining on the matter, though would help
if I liked my job as well which I don't. But I have decided pursuing a
diagnosis is important enough to me at the moment am doing it out of pocket,
not sure if I'll ever figure out if insurance will reimburse any of it or not,
but have set it as a priority. I can understand some simply do not have the
finances, but wonder now if that is your situation. Perhaps I got posters
mixed up.

Am not condoning your GP's attitude, just that perhaps you can bypass him if
pursuing this is a priority.
Sojourner
2003-08-07 09:19:15 UTC
Post by Mschlnbrg
From your earlier posts had thought finances a sginificant issue, but then
thought in another recent you mentioned you didn't need to to be making the
"oodles" you do and could live on less with some rearrangement.
Am I confusing posters? Or is that the situation
I was wondering the same. Perhaps either was was a "histronic
amplification"?

Sojo
Mschlnbrg
2003-08-07 19:45:09 UTC
Post by Sojourner
From your earlier posts had thought finances a sginificant issue, but then
Post by Mschlnbrg
"oodles" you do and could live on less with some rearrangement.
Am I confusing posters? Or is that the situation
I was wondering the same. Perhaps either was was a "histronic
amplification"?
Perhaps, forgot about histrionics and who that was.

John: now is starting to sound as if you aren't sure if it's "worth" it maybe.

When I first heard of this and thought might apply my initial response was why
bother for just another label. Didn't have much of anything to go on, for
anything, didn't much research it and didn't have the internet at the time
either. My research has only started to get effective following leads since
I've joined this board, so is still pretty minimal.

At this point, and not to go against what I just wrote in another post about
still wrestling with the natural variation/disorder question, I think the label
does have value. Not just for providing a context for the self, but for
providing a context for others.

Still don't know just who would be telling, depending on what I find out or
don't find out come September, but everything is easier for anyone to
understand when it can be put in a framework of some sort, That is not making
excuses, though I don't doubt that many will see it that way, any reason can be
called an excuse by someone unwilling to consider the situation.

I really dislike seeing myself falling into an appeal to authority position,
which is essentially what this is. But I think it may be the most effective
way to tie together, not just for me but for others as well, what otherwise
come across as random (and individual, hence easily dismissed) wierdnesses
Sojourner
2003-08-06 22:39:47 UTC
"Hylander" <***@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:***@posting.google.com...
I should write a
Post by Hylander
book...I refuse to squeeze into your mold. Perhaps I'll become the
laughing stock of the world someday. I surely deserve that.
You deserve no such thing.

And don't forget that.

Ever.

Sojo
NatureloverChris
2003-08-07 02:28:41 UTC
Post by Sojourner
You deserve no such thing.
And don't forget that.
I agree completely.

I wish I could help.

Chris
Mike Stanton
2003-08-07 09:14:18 UTC
Post by NatureloverChris
Post by Sojourner
You deserve no such thing.
And don't forget that.
I agree completely.
I wish I could help.
Chris
Hi John

Me too. You want to keep your GP for the medical issues he is helping
you with. But what sort of help do you think you need regarding AS?

I know you want a dx. Is that all or are there other issues arising from
your autism that you need help with?
--
Mike

Serving neither God nor Mammon
on the Lonely Planet

http://www.mike.stanton.dsl.pipex.com/
Sojourner
2003-08-10 16:55:21 UTC
Being able to hold on to a job is one of them. I'm being politically
assassinated at work publically and being asked to work harder all the
while fearing my job. I however do not like being messed with in such
ways and am seriously looking to get out now. I might get out of
programming....what else is a lucrative but less sedentary position?
I'm looking at maybe professor. ;)
Boss says I love to teach.
I thought I was going to lose my job too, John. Even up until a year ago or
so.
It's going on 14 years now. Have I been "mindreading" too much? I think so.
Maybe you are too.

If teaching is a gift, then pursue it. It's hard to push a teacher. They can
always blame it on the student. "Hey, I'm trying, but the kid's a total
moron, ok?"

Do you like what you currently at all? Does it alone stimulate you if you
were separated from all the rest of the office krap? If the office krap were
not there, would you get up in the morning with the excitement of getting to
work?

Is the "boss" part of this "clique"? If not, then leave him a note that you
would like a private meeting with him without distractions to discuss some
things. Then lay it all out on the table. (metaphorically)

(Keep the tape recording of the meeting hidden in your pocket.) <g>

Firstly, tell him that you are under the care of a physician for
hypertension and are on medication. Explain too, that you are currently in
the process of seeking a diagnosis for some unexplainable issues that you
can't explain and that you feel they are affecting your work and that you
don't want it to.

The worse he could do is set you free, right?

But if he is a savvy boss, can't replace you, or otherwise values your
unique contribution to the company, then he will do his best to help out.

If he's not and he fire's you, use your newfound free time to seek your DX,
and when you get it, get a fired up lawyer, sue your former employer and
take your booty, buy a little bungalow in the Caribbean with a hammock and
beach. Then, buy me a ticket to fly out and visit and show me your latest
preseveration.

=)

Sojo
rapum lucidum
2003-08-10 19:25:16 UTC
On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 16:55:21 GMT, "Sojourner"
<sojourner!SEVEN!@cox.net> wrote:

Then, buy me a ticket to fly out and visit and show me your latest
Post by Sojourner
preseveration.
Now that's an interesting word :-)

Is a preseveration a small cut made before the full truncation? Or the
prelude to a perseveration? Or a preserved perseveration - or a even
preserved severation?
Sojourner
2003-08-10 19:39:38 UTC
Post by Sojourner
preseveration.
Now that's an interesting word :-)
Is a preseveration a small cut made before the full truncation? Or the
prelude to a perseveration? Or a preserved perseveration - or a even
preserved severation?
If John retires retires in the Bahamas and buys me a ticket to fly out and
show me his latest "preserveration", I won't argue with what it one iota.
It'll mean whatever he wants it to.

=)

Of course, if it's a something he's calling a "pervertization" with a funny
edge to his voice, I may have to reconsider.

=/

Sojo

Sojo
Terry Jones
2003-08-10 20:14:02 UTC
Post by rapum lucidum
Post by Sojourner
preseveration.
Now that's an interesting word :-)
Is a preseveration a small cut made before the full truncation? Or the
prelude to a perseveration? Or a preserved perseveration - or a even
preserved severation?
Just a typo for "per severation" - as in "per diem", "per annum",
etc.. For each severation you get / need so many units of X - The
question is what is X? Or are there different types of X for different
types of severation?

Terry
Hylander
2003-08-13 04:57:37 UTC
Post by Terry Jones
Post by rapum lucidum
Post by Sojourner
preseveration.
Now that's an interesting word :-)
Is a preseveration a small cut made before the full truncation? Or the
prelude to a perseveration? Or a preserved perseveration - or a even
preserved severation?
Just a typo for "per severation" - as in "per diem", "per annum",
etc.. For each severation you get / need so many units of X - The
question is what is X? Or are there different types of X for different
types of severation?
Sounds like it could apply to someone who collects amputated arms...

Each (per) severation could be labeled and mounted for display. Of
course, this is what they refer to as the "Coat of Arms"
per-severation. Hannibal Lechter / Jeffrey Dahlmer must have quite a
few of these "perseverations". ;)

John
Hylander
2003-08-13 04:54:38 UTC
Post by Sojourner
Being able to hold on to a job is one of them. I'm being politically
assassinated at work publically and being asked to work harder all the
while fearing my job. I however do not like being messed with in such
ways and am seriously looking to get out now. I might get out of
programming....what else is a lucrative but less sedentary position?
I'm looking at maybe professor. ;)
Boss says I love to teach.
I thought I was going to lose my job too, John. Even up until a year ago or
so.
It's going on 14 years now. Have I been "mindreading" too much? I think so.
Maybe you are too.
Possible. I see that they might be backing off or that I might be on
probation right now. Its like another 90 day trial.
Post by Sojourner
If teaching is a gift, then pursue it. It's hard to push a teacher. They can
always blame it on the student. "Hey, I'm trying, but the kid's a total
moron, ok?"
I should be careful when thinking the grass is greener. There is
definitely a preparation and overload factor there.
Post by Sojourner
Do you like what you currently at all?
Yes.
Post by Sojourner
Does it alone stimulate you if you
were separated from all the rest of the office krap? If the office krap were
not there, would you get up in the morning with the excitement of getting to
work?
It could. I do need some balanced work though. I like taking my time
and redoing things at time.
Post by Sojourner
Is the "boss" part of this "clique"? If not, then leave him a note that you
would like a private meeting with him without distractions to discuss some
things. Then lay it all out on the table. (metaphorically)
I have several "bosses". (maybe like 4).
Post by Sojourner
(Keep the tape recording of the meeting hidden in your pocket.) <g>
This is a good idea....I just need some AAA batteries.
Post by Sojourner
Firstly, tell him that you are under the care of a physician for
hypertension and are on medication. Explain too, that you are currently in
the process of seeking a diagnosis for some unexplainable issues that you
can't explain and that you feel they are affecting your work and that you
don't want it to.
Yes, I very much wanted to do this. I did some of that in one meeting.
I didn't get into my meds. I thought it was just too much "weakness"
to put on display. I know how some bosses think when some people get
too "sensitive" when you go in to them.
Post by Sojourner
The worse he could do is set you free, right?
Yes. Free as in on the street and free ketchup packets to live on. ;)
Post by Sojourner
But if he is a savvy boss, can't replace you, or otherwise values your
unique contribution to the company, then he will do his best to help out.
I think there is some insight being gained that there are just some
skills and unique complexities that will take a long time for anyone
else to assimilate. Today, I felt rather in demand. I wasn't always
able to help but there were a
few things I was able to clear up quickly.
Post by Sojourner
If he's not and he fire's you, use your newfound free time to seek your DX,
and when you get it, get a fired up lawyer, sue your former employer and
take your booty, buy a little bungalow in the Caribbean with a hammock and
beach. Then, buy me a ticket to fly out and visit and show me your latest
preseveration.
Oh that would be fun. I would really like to meet you some day. My
persevs are probably a bit boring typing up code etc. ;). I have some
dream projects on the back burner in the current effort to save my
skin at work.

=)

John
Sojourner
2003-08-14 00:02:36 UTC
Post by Hylander
Post by Sojourner
I thought I was going to lose my job too, John. Even up until a year ago or
so.
It's going on 14 years now. Have I been "mindreading" too much? I think so.
Maybe you are too.
Possible. I see that they might be backing off or that I might be on
probation right now. Its like another 90 day trial.
You "see"? John, I thought you couldn't read people very well. Maybe it's i
your head? Not saying it IS, but If you can't read people well and you still
come to conclusion on what people are thinking of you all the time, then
perhaps you are "mindreading". IF so, its all in your head and its a lie.
Remeber, you can have even 50% truth but it that truth can be used to
convince you that the other 50% is truth is also truth then you don't have
truth at all but one big crafty lie.
Post by Hylander
Post by Sojourner
If teaching is a gift, then pursue it. It's hard to push a teacher. They can
always blame it on the student. "Hey, I'm trying, but the kid's a total
moron, ok?"
I should be careful when thinking the grass is greener. There is
definitely a preparation and overload factor there.
Could be. I wouldn't rush into doing kindergarden kids any time soon.
Post by Sojourner
Does it alone stimulate you if you
were separated from all the rest of the office krap? If the office krap were
not there, would you get up in the morning with the excitement of getting to
work?
It could. I do need some balanced work though. I like taking my time
and redoing things at time.
Perhaps you need to be part of the idea commitee.
Post by Hylander
Post by Sojourner
Is the "boss" part of this "clique"? If not, then leave him a note that you
would like a private meeting with him without distractions to discuss some
things. Then lay it all out on the table. (metaphorically)
I have several "bosses". (maybe like 4).
ONE of them is the official one. If not, you organization is rather crackpot
in organization.
Post by Sojourner
Firstly, tell him that you are under the care of a physician for
hypertension and are on medication. Explain too, that you are currently in
the process of seeking a diagnosis for some unexplainable issues that you
can't explain and that you feel they are affecting your work and that you
don't want it to.
Yes, I very much wanted to do this. I did some of that in one meeting.
I didn't get into my meds. I thought it was just too much "weakness"
to put on display. I know how some bosses think when some people get
too "sensitive" when you go in to them.
THey may get uncomfortable, but hey...that's management. If they can't deal
with such things they don't need to be there.
Post by Hylander
Post by Sojourner
The worse he could do is set you free, right?
Yes. Free as in on the street and free ketchup packets to live on. ;)
If he sets you free because you tell him you have medical issues that are
causing concern and he fires you, that;s grounds for all sorts of legal
action. They wouldn't DARE.
Post by Hylander
Post by Sojourner
But if he is a savvy boss, can't replace you, or otherwise values your
unique contribution to the company, then he will do his best to help out.
I think there is some insight being gained that there are just some
skills and unique complexities that will take a long time for anyone
else to assimilate. Today, I felt rather in demand. I wasn't always
able to help but there were a
few things I was able to clear up quickly.
That's good.

Look, you may be different and not fit in. I am the same way, but if you do
somthing and do it better than anyone else, even total "jerks" will
"tolerate" you even if to exploite your abilities.
Post by Hylander
Post by Sojourner
If he's not and he fire's you, use your newfound free time to seek your DX,
and when you get it, get a fired up lawyer, sue your former employer and
take your booty, buy a little bungalow in the Caribbean with a hammock and
beach. Then, buy me a ticket to fly out and visit and show me your latest
preseveration.
Oh that would be fun. I would really like to meet you some day. My
persevs are probably a bit boring typing up code etc. ;). I have some
dream projects on the back burner in the current effort to save my
skin at work.
If you can bring to to fruitition, make a presentation at work. If impressed
at it, they may even put you in charge of directing the project.

Code? Java script? Probably. My last programming was with Basic on a
Commadore 64. Went to bed at night with "lists" running through my head. Had
to quit. Never touched computers again until ten years later.

My last perseveration was linux. Now with my PDA which uses active sync on
windows I haven't touch it either. My latest perseveration is with ADD. Now
that I know what I have now, I can learn live the rest of my life without
having half my brain tied behind my back.

(Just thinking I wonder what my IQ is NOW? I alway score borderline genius
on the tests but the time limit always kept me from crossing over the Mensa
line)

Oh...by the way. You a java person. Have you ever got this dang "messenger
service" (whether it is related to msn messenger or not i don't know)
pop-ups come on your screen telling you that the advert is using an
exploitable function in windows and that you can stop it early before all
the advertisers find out about it by going to (some web site address) to buy
the program to fix it?

Sojo
Hylander
2003-08-15 03:52:31 UTC
Post by Sojourner
Post by Hylander
Post by Sojourner
so.
It's going on 14 years now. Have I been "mindreading" too much? I think
so.
Post by Hylander
Post by Sojourner
Maybe you are too.
Mindreading is definitely something people like me use to guess
people's motives. I often find out I am wrong and now I know what
causes my poor judgement.
Post by Sojourner
Post by Hylander
Possible. I see that they might be backing off or that I might be on
probation right now. Its like another 90 day trial.
Actually, this wasn't the case. It's indeterminate. My situation has
gotten so bad that they are calling in a few others to help out. Not a
bad thing. Still, I'm getting heavy pressures and lots of
manipulations right now on me.
Post by Sojourner
You "see"? John, I thought you couldn't read people very well.
I can't as I actually got several things all wrong. I have "scared"
them from doing anything right now. They are willing to wait a bit on
their decision I think. I don't know though. Things can happen at any
time.
Post by Sojourner
Maybe it's i
your head? Not saying it IS, but If you can't read people well and you still
come to conclusion on what people are thinking of you all the time, then
perhaps you are "mindreading". IF so, its all in your head and its a lie.
Could be.
Post by Sojourner
Remeber, you can have even 50% truth but it that truth can be used to
convince you that the other 50% is truth is also truth then you don't have
truth at all but one big crafty lie.
Its a confusion game and it is definitely crafty and untrustworthy
what they are doing. They don't play these games with other people.
Only me cause they know they can get away with it with me. I let the
nice people get away with the worst things it seems. People are
cannibalistic, step on others, opportunists at times. If they see
someone whom they consider fair game and with weaknesses, they will
take advantage of them....regardless of how good they are at times.
Post by Sojourner
Post by Hylander
Post by Sojourner
always blame it on the student. "Hey, I'm trying, but the kid's a total
moron, ok?"
Case of "greener grasses" then perhaps?
Post by Sojourner
Post by Hylander
I should be careful when thinking the grass is greener. There is
definitely a preparation and overload factor there.
Could be. I wouldn't rush into doing kindergarden kids any time soon.
Actually, kindegarten and first grade are managable somewhat. Its 2nd
grade and above that is hard. Night college coruses for older adults
would be okay with me too. Older people seem to have this social
maturity barrier towards being total jerks at times. (well, I take it
back, depends)
Post by Sojourner
Perhaps you need to be part of the idea commitee.
I think an idea committee is not profitable enough for them unless its
a scheme to blind people and rip them off either more secretively or
efficiently or lucratively.
Post by Sojourner
Post by Hylander
I have several "bosses". (maybe like 4).
ONE of them is the official one. If not, you organization is rather crackpot
in organization.
It is. My papers say I report to this VP. He becomes Sr. VP and I now
report to some R&D manager. Because the R&D Manager needs "help".
Anotehr VP came in and is working with this R&D Manager and
temporarily managing me. Then, the CEO comes and tells me stuff to do
and then I get some Seniority developer trying to tell me he's making
the decisions. It's a mess. Everyone says it's more like a wheel than
a tree org chart.
Post by Sojourner
Post by Hylander
Yes, I very much wanted to do this. I did some of that in one meeting.
I didn't get into my meds. I thought it was just too much "weakness"
to put on display. I know how some bosses think when some people get
too "sensitive" when you go in to them.
THey may get uncomfortable, but hey...that's management. If they can't deal
with such things they don't need to be there.
But it wouldn't have worked well....lots a people on meds and don't
complain so no biggie I guess. Of course, my situation IS different.
I'm 32 for ___'s sake and I'm on hypertensive meds.
Post by Sojourner
Post by Hylander
Post by Sojourner
The worse he could do is set you free, right?
Yes. Free as in on the street and free ketchup packets to live on. ;)
If he sets you free because you tell him you have medical issues that are
causing concern and he fires you, that;s grounds for all sorts of legal
action. They wouldn't DARE.
Heh, true. Sounds like it might actually work to help me
then.....albeit the truth too.
Post by Sojourner
Post by Hylander
I think there is some insight being gained that there are just some
skills and unique complexities that will take a long time for anyone
else to assimilate. Today, I felt rather in demand. I wasn't always
able to help but there were a
few things I was able to clear up quickly.
That's good.
Look, you may be different and not fit in. I am the same way, but if you do
somthing and do it better than anyone else, even total "jerks" will
"tolerate" you even if to exploite your abilities.
Story of my life, my friend. Its what I rely on. I have outgrown all
attempts at using my personality to influence people except among
Chinese maybe.
Post by Sojourner
Post by Hylander
Post by Sojourner
[...]
Don't know. I was invited to Mensa a while back. I was in a percentile
I think...I don't know that I care to be in such a group.
Post by Sojourner
Oh...by the way. You a java person. Have you ever got this dang "messenger
service" (whether it is related to msn messenger or not i don't know)
pop-ups come on your screen telling you that the advert is using an
exploitable function in windows and that you can stop it early before all
the advertisers find out about it by going to (some web site address) to buy
the program to fix it?
Messenger Service is a Windows thing that is in Services in
Administrative Tools in Control Panel that you can "Stop" and then
make "Manual" or "Disable".

I have seem some vicious little popup/spamem schemes lately. Cydoor
was one, TrafficSyndicate is another. Also, Kazaa came with some
Ts.cornerband thingy. My Adaware is too weak. I need to buy the real
dope for this scoop of stuff.

So, are you not on the Autism Spectrum?

John
Mike Stanton
2003-08-15 08:02:53 UTC
Post by Hylander
I have seem some vicious little popup/spamem schemes lately. Cydoor
was one, TrafficSyndicate is another. Also, Kazaa came with some
Ts.cornerband thingy. My Adaware is too weak. I need to buy the real
dope for this scoop of stuff.
Spybot works for me. http://spybot.eon.net.au/

About your work problems - I don't know what to say. You are having a
rough time. I hope you come through it OK.

Hylander
2003-08-07 04:23:30 UTC
Post by Hylander
I should write a
Post by Hylander
book...I refuse to squeeze into your mold. Perhaps I'll become the
laughing stock of the world someday. I surely deserve that.
You deserve no such thing.
And don't forget that.
Ever.
I could deserve it ? Even so, I wouldn't care. I think some people
get to that point. Well, lets just hope I don't. (and you don't) even
get there. I'll just keep lurkin and rantin (hopefully less frequently
as time goes on) here. Thx for the attention. I'm a histrionic glutton
with ADD (except a doctor just told me today that I don't have it). :)

John
Nick Argall
2003-08-07 01:52:31 UTC
Post by Hylander
I just dont think its possible yet. The only way is to get it through
a socialized healthcare system or go back to being a toddler again. I
want their care.
I don't understand. Why do you want a dx, if you don't want any care?
Post by Hylander
There is no consolation for me right now so I don't think a reply will
matter/could make me feel worse. I don't know what to do except maybe
book...I refuse to squeeze into your mold. Perhaps I'll become the
laughing stock of the world someday. I surely deserve that.
That's your depression talking. It's OK to feel that way, but understand
that it is a product of your depression, and has nothing to do with the
truth.

Nick
Kristal
2003-08-07 02:31:02 UTC
Post by Hylander
I just dont think its possible yet. The only way is to get it through
a socialized healthcare system or go back to being a toddler again. I
want their care.
I am sorry to hear this. I hope you eventually get a dx. I know it
can be frustrating. I still am without a dx as well.

Kristal
Stephen Horne
2003-08-07 03:39:17 UTC
Post by Hylander
I just dont think its possible yet. The only way is to get it through
a socialized healthcare system or go back to being a toddler again. I
want their care.
There is no consolation for me right now so I don't think a reply will
matter/could make me feel worse. I don't know what to do except maybe
book...I refuse to squeeze into your mold. Perhaps I'll become the
laughing stock of the world someday. I surely deserve that.
I don't know what to say. Except the GP is the laughing stock around
here, not you.

Bastard GPs should have a sign on their heads - "warning: this moron
may damage your mental health" or something.
--
Steve Horne

caz
2003-08-07 08:53:29 UTC
Post by Stephen Horne
I don't know what to say. Except the GP is the laughing stock around
here, not you.
Bastard GPs should have a sign on their heads - "warning: this moron
may damage your mental health" or something.
i think considering a doctors position of power they should learn
more...most of them are incompetant

caz
Terry Jones
2003-08-07 16:01:04 UTC
Post by caz
i think considering a doctors position of power they should learn
more...most of them are incompetant
One problem is that as far as mental health and "invisible"
disabilities are concerned - a lot of what they've been *taught* seems
to be of very poor quality, based on dogmatic assumptions, etc.. Plus,
given the proportion of patients with mental health and stress related
problems, AFIK this appears to form a disproportionately small amount
of their training.

Terry
Hylander
2003-08-08 00:50:38 UTC
Post by Terry Jones
Post by caz
i think considering a doctors position of power they should learn
more...most of them are incompetant
One problem is that as far as mental health and "invisible"
disabilities are concerned - a lot of what they've been *taught* seems
to be of very poor quality, based on dogmatic assumptions, etc.. Plus,
given the proportion of patients with mental health and stress related
problems, AFIK this appears to form a disproportionately small amount
of their training.
Terry
Concurs with what I've observed most certainly. There has been an
effort to get the doctors to be more personable.

John
Hylander
2003-08-07 04:21:15 UTC
Post by Hylander
There is no consolation for me right now so I don't think a reply will
matter/could make me feel worse. I don't know what to do except maybe
book...I refuse to squeeze into your mold. Perhaps I'll become the
laughing stock of the world someday. I surely deserve that.
Please don't let this make your mood even worse. It sucks.
Gareeth
I'm not like I was then but this past few months have NOT been good in
some ways as you know. Yet in some small areas I feel victorious. Its
just been a challenge. I'm in some ruts and yet able to carry on and
endure now. I'm sure many would die for my kind of rut. I guess I
should stop whining and be thankful. Thx for the attention. I do admit
that I need it.

John
Hylander
2003-08-07 14:58:14 UTC
Post by Hylander
I just dont think its possible yet. The only way is to get it through
a socialized healthcare system or go back to being a toddler again. I
want their care.
There is no consolation for me right now so I don't think a reply will
matter/could make me feel worse. I don't know what to do except maybe
book...I refuse to squeeze into your mold. Perhaps I'll become the
laughing stock of the world someday. I surely deserve that.
John
Maybe its silly. I could be satisfied with a self-dx. Its only for me
anyway. I know it sounds vain to want a documented excuse in life
which is what it looks like to many. Still, I don't wanted to be
treated differentl necessarily anyway(but often I'm overlooked too)
since I'm fairly NT-adjusted enough to get jobs etc. I'm taking a hard
look at why I want this. Maybe its true that I'm past my problems and
so its not as useful as I think. Just an expensive piece of paper. But
maybe it would be useful??? What do you think?
larry
2003-08-07 20:09:26 UTC
Personally I believe you are autistic, though I only have your emails to go
on.

I think there are some very fine diagnosticians on this list and some
excellent detectives too.

It's just fate, I got my dx and I am not the only one who was undx'd when I
started posting. One day .....

--
Larry

L'autisme c'est moi

"Space folds, and folded space bends, and bent folded space contracts and
expands unevenly in every way unconcievable except to someone who does not
believe in the laws of mathematics"
Hylander
2003-08-09 17:50:34 UTC
Post by larry
Personally I believe you are autistic, though I only have your emails to go
on.
I dont know for sure but it really seems that way to me in this
current reality frame.
Post by larry
I think there are some very fine diagnosticians on this list and some
excellent detectives too.
by list you refer too...posters on this group? Who is the finest?
Post by larry
It's just fate, I got my dx and I am not the only one who was undx'd when I
started posting. One day .....
Was it the babe from Cali? Simon or Tony?
Just noting you've had this sig forever it seems.
larry

Nick Argall
2003-08-09 09:02:06 UTC
Post by Hylander
Maybe its silly. I could be satisfied with a self-dx. Its only for me
anyway. I know it sounds vain to want a documented excuse in life
which is what it looks like to many. Still, I don't wanted to be
treated differentl necessarily anyway(but often I'm overlooked too)
since I'm fairly NT-adjusted enough to get jobs etc. I'm taking a hard
look at why I want this. Maybe its true that I'm past my problems and
so its not as useful as I think. Just an expensive piece of paper. But
maybe it would be useful??? What do you think?
IMO, an official dx has one of the following purposes:

- To access services for autistic people
- To receive concessions (favorable treatment) from people who provide
concessions to people with problems (such as social security, etc)
- Because you are unwell, and you need help, and you want to get the right
help

If what you want is to understand yourself, self-dx is cheaper, easier to
revise and more effective (because you develop insight skills in the
process).

If you don't need help, why go to a doctor? If you do need help, what does
it matter if the doctor applies the wrong label, as long as they provide
effective help?

I am aware that misdiagnoses have had severe effects, with neuroleptics
used, etc. However, I'm confident that Hylander won't walk blindly into
such a situation - he's been here for some time & is surely aware that drugs
and therapies need to be approached with caution.

Nick
Hylander
2003-08-09 17:46:46 UTC
Post by Nick Argall
- To access services for autistic people
might need.
Post by Nick Argall
- To receive concessions (favorable treatment) from people who provide
concessions to people with problems (such as social security, etc)
might need now as I'm losing job.
Post by Nick Argall
- Because you are unwell, and you need help, and you want to get the right
help
that too.

But we forgot "finding out the truth" as a benefit and recursively
reduce
worry. ;) ie: find out that you are an aspie so you don't worry
whether or not you are an aspie. (note: aspies tend to worry....am I
wrong?)
Post by Nick Argall
If what you want is to understand yourself, self-dx is cheaper, easier to
revise and more effective (because you develop insight skills in the
process).
And I've been gaining all these benefits....insight. Ignorance is
bliss....
plug me back into the NTrix. ;)
Post by Nick Argall
If you don't need help, why go to a doctor? If you do need help, what does
it matter if the doctor applies the wrong label, as long as they provide
effective help?
yes. I see that this malfunctioning hippocratic unit still has some
utility left in it.
Post by Nick Argall
I am aware that misdiagnoses have had severe effects, with neuroleptics
used, etc. However, I'm confident that Hylander won't walk blindly into
such a situation - he's been here for some time & is surely aware that drugs
and therapies need to be approached with caution.
yes, that is the one advice that I've tended to heed...except I did
allow myself to go on antihypertensives....I need to exercise now to
get off of them. Weight Watchers was recommended.....you have to
diligently record everything. (it also costs $ which I now may not
have)
Post by Nick Argall
Nick